Friday, March 3, 2017

Data Collection Made Easy

PASCO Probeware


As a science teacher I am constantly in search of creative activities that give students an interactive, hands-on experience. Recently, our school purchased PASCO sensors, that I believe demonstrate a truly innovative approach to data collection.

Find out more here!

As mentioned in my working definitions of teaching and learning, I feel that students benefit from knowledge-building activities that are a result of the direct or indirect effect of experience on behaviour.  PASCO probeware  helps to effectively transform theory into practice and allows the freedom for students to explore personal or collective lines of inquiry. These tools are user friendly and can be used with all electronic devices (including phones, tablets and computers).
I particularly like that these tools can be used for group or independent investigation, however, data collected independently can be easily combined with data collected by others through wireless technology. Moreover, this type of technology supports skill development required for 21st Century STEM careers.

I suggest giving them a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment