Saturday, March 11, 2017

Flocabulary - Learning through Rap

Go with the Flow



Music is an integral part of both my personal and professional life. I can always be found singing a song and oftenI often make up songs (not very good ones) while delivering lesson content. My students also live for music - whenever we are doing independent work  I will play music over the class speaker or allow students to listen to their own music (provided it does not distract them from learning too much!).

While in search of a video to assist in teaching the scientific method to my students, I came across this website -Flowcabulary! This website offers a creative approach to building core literacy through hip-hop videos. It also allows for students to develop their own educational raps. My class tried it out when learning about body systems and it was not only entertaining but creative and knowledge building as well!


Here is the video that got me started: https://www.flocabulary.com/unit/scientific-method/

I recommend you give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment